Surah Faatir 35:11
Righteous Deeds ascend to Allah
(To Him ascend the good words,) means, words of remembrance, recitation of Qur’an, and supplications. This was the view of more than one of the Salaf.
Ibn Jarir recorded that Al-Mukhariq bin Sulaym said that “`Abdullah bin Mas`ud, may Allah be pleased with him, said to them, “If we tell you a Hadith, we will bring you proof of it from the Book of Allah.
When the Muslim servants says, `Glory and praise be to Allah, there is no god worthy of worship except Allah, Allah is Most Great and blessed be Allah,’ an angel takes these words and puts them under his wing, then he ascends with them to the heaven. He does not take them past any group of angels but they seek forgiveness for the one who said them, until he brings them before Allah, may He be glorified.”
Then `Abdullah, may Allah be pleased with him, recited:
(To Him ascend the good words, and the righteous deeds exalt it).”
Imam Ahmad recorded that An-Nu`man bin Bashir, may Allah be pleased with him, said, “The Messenger of Allah said:
(Those who remember Allah and glory Allah by saying, `Glory be to Allah, Allah is most Great, all praise is due to Allah and La ilaha illallah, these words go around the Throne buzzing like bees, mentioning those who said them. Would one of you not like to have something with Allah mentioning him)”
This was also recorded by Ibn Majah.
(and the righteous deeds exalt it). Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn Abbas, may Allah be pleased with him, said,
The good word is the remembrance of Allah, may He be exalted, which is taken up to Allah, and the righteous deed is the performance of obligatory duties. Whoever remembers Allah when doing an obligatory duty, his deed carries his remembrance of Allah and takes it up to Allah, may He be exalted. Whoever remembers Allah and does not perform the obligatory duties, his words will be rejected, as will his deed.
Latest from Abdurrahman Abu Turab
- Do not take Knowledge except from one who is known to be upon the Sunnah – Ahmad Ash-Shihhee
- The Forbiddence of Adhering Blindly to the Saying of a Scholar in Opposition To An Authentic Text, and the Severe Rebuke due Upon One Who is Guilty Of this
- It is Necessary for The Student Of Knowledge to Follow a Path Of Righteous Good Manners In Giving Dawa’ – Shaykh Rabee bin Haadee An Excellent Example
- He should not look down upon a point of benefit that comes to him by way of someone that is young in age or old in age – Shaykh Saalih Abdil-‘Azeez Aali Shaikh
- When he is advised in regard to certain things with which he disobeys Allaah, he says: “at-Taqwaa is here in my Chest” – Rebuttal by Shaykh ibn Uthaymeen